Do you want to delete your LinkedIn account for good? Have you come across an old account that is no longer active? Do you want to get rid of your current account and start over? This guide will show you how to do it.
Despite being a social network, LinkedIn is a pleasant place to visit and is full of positive people who are working to advance their careers and build professional networks. It helps that it is full of professionals rather than random people and that the topics are all about jobs, business, and, of course, careers.
You may want to delete your LinkedIn account for a variety of reasons. From going dark to trying to make a full change in your profession or life. Although most social media platforms attempt to cling to you like a terrier to a ball, LinkedIn is different. You can pause or uninstall your account at any time.
It’s also against LinkedIn’s terms and conditions to have multiple accounts for one person.
I. Delete your LinkedIn account for good.
You can uninstall your LinkedIn account entirely rather than keeping it until you change your mind. It will delete your LinkedIn profile, photos, contacts, and all else associated with your LinkedIn account. This page also has a shortcut for closing your account. At the top of the page, there is a button that says “Close Account.” If you’ve done that, you’ll be taken to the closure wizard.
II. Delete your LinkedIn account in a browser.
We’ll start with a desktop browser because many users find it easier to do this sort of thing. Take these steps if you’re near a computer:
1. Go to your LinkedIn profile page after logging in.
2. Select Settings & Privacy.
3. In the menu on the left-hand side, choose ‘Account Preferences‘. After that, choose ‘Account Management.’
4. Scroll down and click on ‘Close Account’.
5. Before closing your account, LinkedIn will make sure you resolve a few task, like transfer ownership, turn off Premium membership. See below an example of complete outstanding tasks.